1. Candle Factory. It is like a museum as well as a great place to shop for gifts. You can sometimes see the candle makers at work.
2. Take a walk to the top of the Citadel. You can drive or walk up the set of stairs located across from the City Hall. At the top you can hear the story of the battle of Safed. As well you can see in all four directions and get a feel for the city in case you got lost...
3. The artist row. You can wander around the artist quarter and find some beautiful galleries or if you are short on time then spend some time in the artist row. You can see some of the artisans at work and find Avi's gallery in the middle across from the falafel stand. He's an artist and he makes one of a kind mezuzot from wood and he carries my line of photography as well.
4. The Ari Synagogue is a shul from the 15th century. If you ask the guard at the entrance he can tell you a few stories. Be sure to look for the shrapnel hole near the entrance and ask him to tell you that miracle story.
5. The HaMeiri Cheese factory is a great place to pick up some fancy cheeses that they make on the premises and the grape leaves are my favorite.